Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Juwenalia? Nahh

 So now it's the famous time of Juwenalia at AGH in Krakow. As told to me by all of the people here in Krakow it's the week when you don't go to class and drink all day, everyday, for one week. It lasts from Monday this week to Sunday. Every day there are concerts, and parades in Rynek, the city center.

BUT I have classes, and when I didn't have classes I was with my cousin. Now today on Wednesday, when I write this, I have classes all day again and realize again that I have my cousin's birthday in Hanover, Germany called Project P (yes it's a Project X reference). I had to make a choice, enjoy Juwenalia in Krakow, or enjoy a Project X themed party (except I won't know anybody) or stay in Krakow for Juwenalia. I decided to take the choice that would make for a better story: Hanover. So the Wednesday morning I am with my cousin at her flat and I get a call from my cousin Robert to come as soon as possible. So I booked a Polski Bus (get bus service) and headed out to Opole to my cousin Robert, because he fortunately was going to Hanover too, but for a different reason. I booked it at 2215, because my last class ends at 2130... So this involved me missing a concert of Donatan & Cleo on a man-made beach on my campus... but that's okay. May I'll come next year, or some other year. It's always around this time :D

At the moment we are driving from Opole to Hanover, and we are passing by some road... I've seen five.. now six prostitutes at corners, it's sad. But this morning I had this type of food or meal called, nalesznik francuski, and it's a type of pancake that inside has mushrooms, ham, cheese and on top it has some type of sauce. It' was a very nice surprise compare to what I'm used to having here. So anyway we passes this road of prostitutes and now we are on the highway in the Fiat Panda which we are transporting. It's a shame that the company that owns Lamborghini makes a car that has only 60 horsepower.... Will check back later.
15/5/2014
1400

Now I'm on the bus back to Krakow from Hannover for an amazing 56 Euro... Even though it's cheaper than driving it's way more expensive than a polish bus would have been. This feel like my flight situation. Leaving home is cheap, but coming back has its extraordinary cost: $950 for the flight back home. This leaves me with only enough money to live pretty much for the next 2 months, no additional plans. Ukraine next weekend, Budapest the second weekend of June, Opole for the last 1-2 weeks that I'm in Poland with my family. That's pretty much it.

So let me tell you about my weekend... I haven't written about the trip to Zakopane that I went on, which was the first trip I went on with ESN which is a big group for exchange students here. So **SPOILER ALERT** this is what happened in Zakopane too:
I got sick, but here I could actually measure how sick I was: 38.8 was my highest, and I got sick somehow the night I got to Hannover. I felt completely fine then BAM it came out of nowhere. It feels like strep, so I'll go to the doctor after my two final exams on Monday and Tuesday. I didn't visit Hannover like I wanted to, because I was laying in bed sick the entire two full days I was there. It's a good thing that I have another chance to go back when I am in Opole.
I will say I did go to a few parties: a “Project P” party (yes Project X reference, but it wasn't nearly as crazy) which we spent the next two days cleaning the place he rented, that same cousin's 18th birthday party (small, 20 people, too many young people), and a first communion. It was fun, but because I was sick I didn't enjoy myself as much as I would have. I also didn't drink more than 6 drinks while I was there, which going to these parties I would expect a lot more. Compared to everyone else I was an angel :D

I don't regret not doing Juwenalia, I'd rather see something different completely than something different in a place that reminds me of the semi-dull day to day routine that I have. By the way to all those reading this who is trying to see how classes may be here,study in the beginning and don't let anyone fool you. If you don't try you may pass, but if you want a perfect score it's very difficult, and that is what you need to strive for otherwise you may lose sight of what your base reason for coming here is.

I can update with a full post on Hannover the next time I go, which will happen one way or another.
And mom if you are reading this, could you send me one of my prowojazdes? Nie chciem jade bez prowojazde dwa razy xD
Autobahn I will drive on you while I am here. Autobahn means “freedom” in English.
18/5/2014
2140


No comments:

Post a Comment